بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Name: Eltoham iIbrahim Eltayab
Birth: Jan, 1, 1951 Elshibik, Gezira Province, Gezira State, Sudan
Marital Status: Married,3 children.
Languages: Arabic, English
Address: Permanent address:
Department of Crop science
Faculty of Agricultural science
University of Gezira
P.O BOX 20
Wad Medani Sudan
Deputy Dean, Deanship of Academic Affairs University of Gezira.
Ph.D. : Plant Physiology, 1986.University of California, Davis, USA.
M.S. : Agronomy, 1980 University of California Davis, USA.
B.S. : Agriculture (honors) First Class 1975. Faculty of Agriculture University of Khartoum.
Prizes: During my study at the Faculty of Agriculture I had been awarded a number of prizes
- University prize:
Awarded to the best two students based on the results of
BS Agriculture final examination.
- Professor Department of Crop Science, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira.
- Tothill Prize:
Awarded to the best all round student passing out of the faculty of Agriculture.
- Shell Prize
Awarded to the best student in the first year. Lt is Tenable for two yeast.
- National Tobacco Company Prize.
July is 2007 to date: Professor Department of Crop Sciences, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira.
Nov. 1996 to Jul.1-2007: Associate Professor, Department of Crop Sciences, Faculty of Engineering and Technological Sciences.
Dec 1994 - Nov.1996: Associate Professor, Department of General Sciences, Faculty of Engineering and Technological Sciences, University of Sabha, Libya.
July 1994 – Dec 1994: Associate Professor, Department of Crop
Sciences, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira.
Oct.1986- July. 1994: Assistant Professor, Department of crop Sciences, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira.
April.1978 -Oct. 1986: Teaching Assistant on study leave at the University California, Davis, USA to read for Master’ S and PhD degrees.
Aug .1975-Apr.1978: Teaching Assistant, Department of Agronomy, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum.
- Plant Physiology.
- Plant Anatomy.
- Crop Physiology.
- Environmental Stress and Adaptation.
- Oil and Fiber Crops.
- Cereals, legumes, forages and sugarcane.
- Ecophysiology (University of Sabha, Lybia).
-Botany 1 (viruses, bacteria, fungi and algae) University of Sabha.
-Botany 2 (photosynthesis, respiration .Etc.)University of Sabha.
- General Ecology (University of Sabha)
- Crop physiology.
- Weed science.
- Heat and Drought Stress.
- Member of the University Senate.
- Member of the Undergraduate Studies committee (Nov.2001-Nov.2005)
- Member of the Graduate Studies committee (Nov.2001-Nov.2005)
- Member of the scientific committee (Nov.2001-Nov.2005)
- Member of the Dean’s Council. (Nov.2001-Nov.2005)
- Member of the University of Gezira” Training committee”
- Member of the Promotions committee.
- Member of the University Arabicization, Authorship and Publication committee.
- Other memberships in boards and councils outside University of Gezira.
- Other memberships in boards and councils outside The University of Gezira.
Other Academic Activities:
- Academic Advisor for a number of undergraduates.
- Supervisor and co-supervisor for a number of graduate students.
- Internal Examiner for several graduate students.
- External Examiner for several graduate students.
Apart from teaching I have Participated in a variety of activities:
- A workshop on the “University of Gezira Farm”. The articles presented addressed all aspects of the farm activities, diagnosed the problems pertaining to them and proposed workable procedures for solving them.
- n-Service training of Agricultural field Inspectors, Agricultural technicians and farmers.
- A Conference on “Agricultural Education” The Conference assessed Agricultural Education since its beginning in the thirties of the past century, recommended reform of curricula and proposed remedies to all the problems pertaining to them.
- A 3-month Fellowship at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-arid Tropics (ICRISAT) India.
- Translation of the “University of Gezira Guide Book “to English in collaboration with Ustaz Farouk Elkarib.
- Study on “Rice Production” in Buram County, South Darfur state in collaboration with Dr. Eltayab M. Abdel Malik.
1- Khalifa, F.M.S chneiter, A.A.and Eltayeb, E.I. (2000).Temperature. Germination Responses of Sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.)Genotypes .HELIA, 23, Nr.33, P.P.97-104.
2- Tarig E.Eltayed, Habiballa A.Mohamed, Eltohami I .Eltayeb and Fathi Khalifa (2001).Thermal Response of Sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) During Germination and Emergence .Sud.J.Sei.Tech.Tech.Vol.NO.I, PP.38-49.
3- Eltohami, I.Elteyeb, Mohamed A.M.Khair and Mozzamil A.M.Eltalib (2005).Grain, forage and yield components Of Mung bean as affecteal by phosphorus and plant population. Sudan G.agri.Res, 2, 29-35.
4- Mozzamil A. M.Eltalib, Eltohami .Eltayeb and Mohamed A.M.Khair (2005). Grain, forage and yield components of Pigeonpea (Cajanus L.)As affected by phosphorus and plant population .Sudan .j.Agri .Res. 5, 21-27.
5- Hussein M.Haj,Habiballa A.Mohamed and Eltohami IEltayed.2006 .Effects of Sowing Date and Irrigation Interval on Growth and Yield of Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)And its thermal time requirements under New Halfa Environment.Sudan University of Science and Technology, Journal of science and Technology (accepted).
6- Khair M.A.M; EIhaj, F.M.A.and EItayeb E: I.2006.Dry matter Yield and Quality of some Winter Sown Forage Crops in Sudan Gezira. University of Khartoum, Journal of Agricultural Science (accepted).
7- Effects of mixed cropping with cowpea and nitrogen source on growth and yield of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) Nizar E. A. Morsal, Ibrahim E. Mohamed, Eltohami I. Eltayeb, Ali S. Gangi
10- Effects of cultivar, irrigation interval and nitrogen on seed yield, oil content and quality of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.)ASG Hashim A. Abd Elrahman, Ibrahim E. Mohamed, El Tohami I. El- Tayeb, Gezira journal of agricultural science, vol.12
1- The Thallophytec (الثالوسيات) (Botany of Lower Plants of Lower Plants)
Publisher: University of Gezira.
2- The Ecosystem (النظام البيئي) Publisher: University of Gezira.
Review of Scientific Articles for Publication:
1- Papers for the “Gezira Journal of Agricultural Science.”
Publisher: University of Gezira.
2- Papers For the “Sudan Journal of Agricultural Research “
Publisher: Agricultural Research Corporation (ARC)
Ministry of Technology and Scientific Research.
3- Other Scientific papers
- Head of the Department of Graduate Studies, Deanships of
Academic Affairs and graduate Studies 1/4/2000 -20/11/2001.
- Deputy Dean, Deanship of Academic affairs.21/11/2001 to date