Professor : ALI SALIH GANGI ABDALLA
Department of Crop Science
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
University of Gezira, P.O. Box 20, Wad Medani, Sudan
Doctor of Philosophy in crop science, 1984 Oregon State
Master of Science (agronomy) 1980, Oregon State University,
B.Sc. first class honours in Agronomy, 1977, University of
1977-1984 : Teaching assistant, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira.
1984-1990 : Lecturer of Crop Science, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira.
1990-1994 : Assistant professor of Crop Science, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira.
1994-1996 : Assistant professor of Agronomy, University of ElGabal Elgharbi, Zintan, Libya.
1996-2008 : Associate professor of Agronomy, Faculty of Agricultural Science, University of Gezira, Sudan.
2002 – 2008 : Graduate Program Co-ordinator responsible for all matters dealing with graduate students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences which includes 11 departments. Also a member of the Graduate Studies Committee in the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and the University.
2008- 2013 : Professor of Agronomy, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences.
2009 – 2010 : Deputy Dean of Graduate Studies and Scientific Research Deanship.
2011 – 2012 : Acting Dean of Graduate Studies and Scientific Research Deanship.
At present : Professor of Agronomy, Department of Crop Science, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira.
During the period 1984-2013, he taught the following courses :
1. General Botany.
2. Plant Morphology.
3. Production of Forage and Range Plants.
4. Production of Cereals, Pulses and Sugar Crops.
5. Weeds and Weed Control.
6. Production of Cereal and Sugar Crops.
7. Advanced Forage Crops Production.
8. Production of Oil, Fiber and Forage Crops.
§ Also supervised an appreciable number of Master and Ph.D. Students. Sudanese Universities such as Sinnar and Gedarif.
§ Other activities beside teaching :
1990-1992 : Executive Manager of the University of Gezira Farm which has an area of 600 hectares and includes units for dairy production, fattening, forage production and horticultural crops production.
1992-1993 : Worked as Agricultural Manager responsible for forage production in Khartoum Dairy Products Company, Sudan.
1993-1994 : Agricultural Manager and Deputy General Manager for the National Company for Animal Production in wad Medani, Sudan.
1) Now forage production consultant at the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira, Sudan.
Scientific Activity :
2) Member of Sudanese Agricultural Society, Sudan.
3) Member of the American Society of Crop and Soil Sciences.
1) Gangi, A.S. 1980. Effect of low temperature on flowering and reproductive development in perennial Ryegrass Lolium perenne L. M. Sc. Thesis, Oregon State University, U.S.A.
2) Gangi, A.S., D.O. Chilcote and R.V. Frakes. 1983. Growth, floral induction and reproductive development in selected perennial ryegrass Lolium perenne L. Cultivars. Journal of Applied seed production (U.S.A.) 1: 34-38.
3) Gangi, A.S. 1984. Effect of N rate and time of application on floret fertility and seed yield in Ryegrass Lolium perenne L. Ph.D. Thesis, Oregon State University, U.S.A.
4) Al-bakri, A.M.M., A.E.S. Ibrahim and A.S. Gangi. 2003. Forage yield potential of Sudane grass-Cowpea irrigated mixtures in central Sudan. Gezira of Agric. 1(2): 94-110.
5) Adel Rahman, A.M., I.E. Mohamed and A.S. Gangi. 2004. Influence of some Innovation attributes on the adoption of growing sunflower in Rahad Scheme. Gezira J. Agric. Sci. 2(1): 117-124.
6) Mohamed, I.E., G.A. Khalifa, I.A.M.; Kheir and A.S. Gangi. 2005. Effect of plant spacing and seasonality on growth and seed yield of sunflower (Helianthus annus L.). Gezira J. Agric. Sci. 3(2): 333-232.
7) Gangi, A.S., S.E. Mohamed and A.E.S. Ibrahim. 2006. Chemical composition, forage production and succession of the range plants in Um Elgura Area, Sudan. Gezira J. of Agric. Sci. 4(1): 15-25.
8) Babiker, A.S., A.S. Gangi and A.E.S. Ibrahim. 2006. Effect of NPK compound fertilizer and plant population on seed yield of Clitoria (Clitoria ternatea L.). Gezira J. of Agric. Sci. 4 (2): 195-210.
9) Salih, S.A., M.A.M. Khair and A.S. Gangi. 2006. Effect of seed rate and sowing date on growth and forage yield of barely in the Gezira (Sudan). University of Khartoum. Gezira J. Agric. Sci. 14(1): 252-264.
10) Gangi, A.S., S.A. Babiker and A.E.S. Ibrahim. 2007. Response of Clitoria tornatea L. Forage yield to NPK fertilization and plant population. Gezira J. of Agric. Sci. 5 (1): 17-27.
11) Ibrahim, E.M., H.M. Haroun, I.E. Khair and A.S. Gangi. 2007. Effect of nitrogen fertilizer on growth and yield of grain sorghum Abu Timan. Gezira J. of Agric. Sci. 5 (2): 240-244 (short note).
12) Mohamed, A.A., A.E.S. Ibrahim, A.S. Gangi and E.S. Ali. 2008. Effects of rate, way and time of nitrogen application on growth and grain yield of maize (Zea mays L.). Gezira J. of Agric. Sci. 6 (1): 71-86.
13) Mohamed, A.A., A.E.S. Ibrahim, A.S. Gangi and E.S. Ali. 2008. Effects of cultivar and plant population on grain yield of maize (Zea mays L.) in River Nile State. Gezira J. of Agric. Sci. 6 (2): 272-27815-25.
14) Khair, M.A.M., S.A. Salih, S.C. Kumondan, F.M. Elhag, A.S. Gangi and S.A. Babiker. 2004. Barley, Hordeum vulare L. , a high value winter forage in Sudan. A paper presented to the crop husbandry committee meeting dated Jan. 2004. (Barley was approved as a winter forage in that meeting).
15) Hassain, A.E., A.S. Gangi, A.E.S. Ibrahim and I.E. Mohamed. 2009. Effect of crop mixing on forage yield and quality of selected grasses and legumes in Gezira Sudan. Gezira J. of Agric. Sci. 7 (2): 206-216.
16) Mohamed, S.H., A.S. Gangi and I.E. Mohamed. 2009. Effect of NPK fertilization and plant population on seed yield of sudangrass. Gezira J. of Agric. Sci. 7 (1): 71-83.
17) Sidahmed, N.A.M., A.S. Gangi and I.E. Mohamed. 2012. Effect of sowing seasons with different seed rates and nitrogen doses on forage yield of pearl millet (Pennisetum americanaum) Elzaiem Elazhari University Journal Issue No. 11: 9-16.
18) Mohamed, I.E., A.S. Gangi and B.E. Ebtisam. 2013. Effect of alley spacing of Luecaena (Leucaena leucocephala L.) and seed rate of pioneer 988 on growth and yield of hybrid forage sorghum. Sinnar University Journal 2 (1): 19-30.
19) Abd Elrahman, H.A., I.E. Mohamed, E.T. Eltayeb and A.S. Gangi. 2014. Effects of cultivar, irrigation interval and nitrogen on seed yield, oil content and quality of sunflower. Gezira J. Agric. Sci. 12: 97-109.
20) Elfatih, S.E., A.S. Gangi and I.E. Mohamed. 2016. Effect of nitrogen and phosphorus fertilization on seed production of Sudangrass. University of Bakht Alruda Scientific Journal no. 16, pp. 1-14.
21) Morsal, N.E.A., I.E. Mohamed, E.I. Eltayeb and A.S. Gangi. 2016. Effect of mixed cropping with cowpea and nitrogen source on growth and yield of sunflower (Helianthus anus L.). Gezira J. Agric. Sci. 14 (1): 43-45.