- Name: Mohamed Yousif M. Abu Elgasim El Beeli (Professor)
- Date of Birth: 01.01.1963.
- Marital status: Married (father of 2 boys and 3 girls).
- Language: a. Arabic (Mother language) b. English.
- Major field: Animal production.
- Minor field: Poultry production, nutrition and biotechnology.
- Work Experience: 26 Years
Address: Dept. of Animal Science, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences (FAS) University of Gezira, P.O. Box 20. Tel: 0511-821623 Fax: 0511-842526-0511828835
E-mail: Beelitom@hotmail.com . Mobil: 0915010038
1. Ph.D. Animal Production (poultry Nutrition) University of Gezira, Sudan with a collaboration of Hohenhiem University, Germany, 2000.
2. M.Sc. Animal Production (Poultry Production and Management), University of Khartoum, Sudan, 1990.
3. M.Sc. Biotechnology – University of Gezira (2009).
4. B.Sc. (Hon.) Agricultural Sciences, Major Animal Science, University of Gezira, Sudan, 1987.
1. Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira, Sudan, Lecturer 1992-1995, Assistant professor 1996-2000, Associated Professor 2002-June-2007. Professor July 2007.
2. Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Wadi El Neel University, Lecturer, 1990-1992.
3. Deputy General Manager, El Hasa Agricultural Scheem, 1988-1990.
Study and Training:
1. Attended a training Workshop on: Development of the Managerial Effective Time Management Skills. UEDC/University of Gezira- Wad Medani, Sudan, 16-17 August 2016
2. Attended a training Workshop on: Strategic Planning Development and Implementation of the Quality Control. UEDC/ University of Gezira, Wad Medani, Sudan, 14-15 August 2016
3. Attended a training course on: E-Learning using MOODLE Platform. UEDC/University of Gezira in collaboration with Regional University Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM). University of Gezira, Wad Medani, Sudan. 22nd. -27th. March 2015
4. Attended a training course in Avian Biotechnology at Molecular Genetic Laboratory, Central Avian Research Institute, Izatnagar, India, 14th. March – 15th. June, 2012.
5. Attended a training course in genetic engineering techniques in Diagnosing Bacterial, Viral and Parasitic Animal Diseases 15-25 Nov. 2007, Arab Council for Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research, Cairo – Egypt.
6. Attended a course in livestock Environment Interactions, International Agricultural Center (IAC) 26-NOV.-7Dec. 2001. Wageningen University, the Netherlands.
7. Attended a course in Biodiversity and Conservation of Farm Animal Genetics Resources, 13 Nov. -17 Nov. 2000. Institute for Ainmal Production in the Tropics and subtropics, Hohenhiem University, Stuttgart- Germany.
8. Ph.D. DAAD study programme, May-Nov. 2000. Hohenhiem University, Stuttgart- Germany.
9. Attended a course in Molecular Biology, 22-27 March 1997, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Plant Pathology Center, University of Gezira Wad Medani - Sudan, with a collaboration of School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California Davis, USA.
10. Attended a course in Up-grading of Teaching Skills, 20 April – 11 May, 1999. Wadi El Neel University, Atbara - Sudan.
11. Training Visit in the field of Animal Production, 20 Dec. – 10 Jan. 1986. Nairobi University, Nairobi - Kenya.
Teaching and Research Activities:
Visiting Professor at:
1. Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Environment, University of Algadaref, Sudan.
2. Faculty of Agricultural, University of Kassla, Sudan.
3. Faculty of Agricultural and Natural Recourses. Abuharaz, Sudan.
4. Faculty of Agricultural, University of El fashir, Sudan.
A. Animal Sciences Courses:
- Animal Nutrition.
- Animal Physiology.
- Animal Behavior.
- Rabbit Production
- Poultry Nutrition .
- Poultry Production.
- Poultry Management
- Poultry physiology
- Poultry Products Technology
B- Fisheries courses:
- Fish Culture
- Fish Biology
C- Biotechnology courses:
- Biotechnology Application
- Biotechnology Techniques
- Molecular Biology
D. Other Courses:
- Science Terminology
- Research Methodology
- Experimental Design and Data Analysis
Post graduate supervision:
Degree Major Supervisor Co-Supervisor Internal Examiner
1- M. Sc. 20 15 7
2- Ph. D. 2 2 2
List of Publication:
1- Elbeeli, M. Y. M. (2014). Village Chicken Production In Rural Africa. In: Proceddings of the 7th. International Poultry Conference. 3-6 Nov. 2014 Ain Sukhna, Egypt.
2- Elbeeli, M. Y. M, Abedelbagi, M. Ali and Mohamed, T. Yousif. (2013). Safety Assessment of Genetically Modified Soybean-Maize Mixtures On Albino Rats. In: Proceeding of the 5th. International Workshop In Biotechnology (IWIB), 25th.-26th. March, 2014, Khartoum, Sudan.
3- Hytham, S. A. Ahmed, Mohamed, Y. M. Elbeeli and Syada, A. M. Ali (2012). A note on effect of breed, age of commercial layers and time of eggs collection on some physical traits. Sudan Journal of Agricultural Research,20, 123-126
4- Abdalla, I. A. and El Beeli, M. Y. M. (2010). Effect of Early Quantitative Feed Restriction on performance of broiler Chickens. Sudan Journal of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry.
5- El Beeli, M.Y.M. (2010). Risk status and biosecurity measures in open-sided poultry farm in Wad Medani-District, Gezira-State, Sudan. Accepted for oral presentation in the 3rd. scientific conference of Animal Wealth Research in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. 29-30 November, Dokki – Egypt.
6- El Beeli, M. Y. M. (2009). Effect of feeding a Blend Containing Genetically Modified Soybean and Maize on Some Biological Aspect of Albino Rat. M.Sc. Thesis. Faculty of Engineering and Technology, University of Gezira, Sudan.
7- El Beeli, M.Y.M.; Abedlbagi, M. Ali and Mohamed, T. Yousif (2009). Effect of feeding a Blend Containing genetically modified Soybean and Maize on some Biological Aspects of Albino Rats. In: Proceedings of the 5th. International Conference, Taba, Egypt, March, 10-13, 2009
8- El Beeli, M.Y.M., Abubaker, A. Z. and Fawiga, S. S. (2007). Performance of broiler chicks supplemented with a dietary organic acids (premacid) or oxytetracycline as growth promoter. In: Proceedings of poultry health production in Arab countries conference 3-5, Dec. Cairo, Egypt, 2007
9- El Beeli, M. Y. M., Maha, M, M. Abdelbagy and Siddig, E. Idris (2007). Some Phenotypic Characteristics of Pigeon in Khartoum State. Sudan Journal of Agricultural Research, 9, 159-162
10- El Beeli, M. Y. M.; Siddig, E. Idris and Mohamed, H. Zeinelabdin (2008). Epidemiology of helminthes in indigenous and exotic chicken in different seasons in Gezira area. Sudan. Sudan Journal of Agricultural Research.12, 117-122
11- Sayda, A. Mohamed, Hyder, O. Abdalla, Elfadil, A. Elzubeir, and Mohamed, Y. M. El Beeli (2007). The effect of feed restriction on the gastrointestinal tract of broiler chickens. Sudan Journal of Agricultural Research. 8, 169-178.
12- Sayda, A. Mohamed ; Hyder, O. Abdalla, A. Elzubeir, and Mohamed, Y. M. El Beeli (2006). Effect of sex and early feed restriction on the performance of broiler chicken. University of Khartoum Journal of Agricultural Science 14(3), 439-449.
13- El Beeli, M. Y. M. (2005). Incidence of embryonic malposition and deformities in laying and broiler chickens in Sudan. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Poultry Conference, Hurghada, Egypt, 2005.
14- El Beeli, M. Y. M.; Musharaf, N. A.; Bessei, W. And Abdalla, H. O. (2007). Effect of age and season on physical and chemical quality characteristics of indigenous scavenger duck's eggs. Sudan Journal of Animal Production.
15- El Beeli, M. Y. M.; Kogor, N. E. Abdalla, H. O. (2004). A study on rural indigenous chicken keeping in South Kordofan State, Sudan. In: Proceedings of the First Animal Production Conference, Aleppo, University, Aleppo-Syria, Nov., 2004.
16- El Beeli, M. Y. M.; Musharaf, N. A.; Bessei, W. and Abdalla, H. O. (2004). Productive performance, carcass characteristics and chemical composition of meat of Sudanese native ducks University of Khartoum, Journal of Agricultural Science, 12(2), 263-276.
17- El Beeli, M. Y. M.; M. Grashorn and W. Bessei (2004). Some aspects of rural indigenous chicken raising in the Gezira State, Sudan. University of Khartoum Journal of Agricultural Science, 12(2) 277-286.
18- El Beeli, M. Y. M.; M. A. Grashom and W. Bessei (2003). Effects of different pre-cooking treatments on peeling and quality of hard-cooking fresh eggs of young and old layers. Arch. Geflugelk. 67(2), 83-86.
19- El Beeli, M. Y. M.; Musharaf, N. A.; Abdalla, H. O. and Bessei, W. (2003). A note on the social acceptance of Ducks and their products in Wad Medani, Sudan. University of Khartoum, Journal of Agricultural Science. 11(2), 300-303.
20- El Beeli, M. Y. M.; M. A. Grashorn and W. Bessei (2003). Production of local pigeons by small holders in the River Nile State, Sudan. Gezira Journal of Agricultural science 1(1), 106-112.
21- El Beeli, M. Y. M.; Musharaf, N. A.; Abdalla, H. O. and Bessei, W. (2002). Crude fiber digestibility in scavenger Ducks. Arch Geflugelk 66(4), 169-172.
22- El Beeli, M. Y. M.; Musharaf, N. A.; Abdalla, H. O. and Bessei, W. (2002). Differential growth and development of different organs of scavenger local Ducks in the Sudan. University of Khartoum, Journal of Agricultural Science. 10(2), 326-337.
23- El Beeli, M. Y. M. (2000). Nutritional Studies, Production Characteristics and Some Biological Aspects in Sudan, Ph.D. thesis, University of Gezira, Sudan.
24- El Beeli, M. Y. M. and El Zubeir, E. A. (1991). Feeding whole grain Sorghum (Feteraitea) as a resting agent in egg-type breeder hens. Sudan Journal of Animal Production, 4(2), 121-131.
25- El Beeli, M. Y. M. (1990). Effect of Methods of Forced Moulting on Egg Production and Hatchability of Egg-Type breeder Hens. M.Sc. thesis. Department of Poultry Science, University of Khartoum, Sudan.
26- El Beeli, M. Y. M. (1987). The Sudanese Kuwaiti Poultry Company. A Case Study. B.Sc. graduation project. Department of Animal Science. University of Gezira, Sudan.
1. Eggs and Broilers Production Manual (in open houses) publication of the Sudan Open University (Book), 2009
2. Directory of Agricultural Higher Education in the Sudan (2002) (In Arabic and English Language).
3. University of Gezira, Problems and prospects, Statistical Study, 1983.
4. Directory of Training of the Rural Women Schools (Co. author) TCP/SUUUN/6616, FAO, ARC, 1997 (Sudan).
5. Abstract of poultry sciences research in the Sudan (1962-2010) (unpublished).
6. Manual of scientific writing (in Arabic language) (unpublished).
Academic and Administrative Position:
1. Peer reviewer for the following Scientific Sudanese Journals:-
a. The Sudanese Journal of Standards and Metrology.
b. Sudan Journal of Agricultural Research (NRC).
c. Faculty of Agriculture, Alzeem Alalazhari UniversityJournal.
d. Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Bakhtalruda
2. Member of Gezira University Senate (Sudan).
3. Member of Faculty of Agricultural Science Board (FAS), University of Gezira, Sudan.
4. Head Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Agricultural Science, University of Gezira, Sudan, 1992-1993 and May, 2002-March, 2005.
5. Manager of the Poultry Farm, University of Gezira, Sudan, April, 2003 - March, 2005.
1- Member of Planning and Development Board, Faculty of Agricultural Science (2002- 2007).
2- Member of the Consultation House Administrative Board, University of Gezira (2010-2011).
3- Member of Investment Administrative Board, University of Gezira (2010-2011).
1. Member of the Sudanese Society for Environment Protection.
2. Member of the Sudanese Agricultural Engineers Association.
3. Member of Educational Board, African Council Schools for Private Education, Wad Medani, Gezira - State, Sudan (2005 - 2007).
4- Member of the Scientific Relations Office, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira, Sudan.
1. Award of High Council of Scientific Research for Youth (Sudan), 1981.
2. DAAD German Fellowship (1996 - 2000).
3. NFP The Netherlands Award (2001).
4. Awards of the distinguish research submitted in the 3rd International Poultry Conference, Hurghada - Egypt, April, 2005.
5. CV Raman International Fellowship for African Research (Visiting Fellowship), 14th.March – 15th. June, 2012. CARI, Izatnagar - India.
1. The 5th. International Poultry Conference. March, 10-13, 2009 Cairo - Egypt
1. Healthy poultry production in Arab Countries. 3-5 Dec. 2007 Cairo - Egypt.
2. The 3rd international Poultry Conference Alexandria University, Hurghada - Egypt, April -2005.
6. The 1st Animal Production Conference, Aleppo University, Aleppo - Syria, April-2004.
7. The Tropen Tag, University of Hohenhiem, Stuttgart - Germany September. 2000.
1- The 5th. International Workshop In Biotechnology, March 25th. – 26th., 2014, Khartoum – Sudan.
2. African Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship (ADDRF) Scientific Workshop (on Scientific Writing) on July 4-8, 2011, Nairobi, Kenya.
3. African Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship (ADDRF) Training Workshop (on Research Methodology) on May 3-7, 2010, Nairobi, Kenya
4. Training of Practitioners for Product Development, the
Microfinance Network of Arab Countries, 16-20, May, 2010, Wad
Medani - Sudan.
5. Quality Insurance and Accreditation in Higher Education,
University of Gezira Education Center, 28 – 30, Dec. 2009, Wad
Medani - Sudan.
6. Participatory Innovation Development (PID) PROLINNOVA,
PRACTICAl ACTION and ARC – Sudan, 24 Feb. - 1st. March, 2007, Wad Medani- Sudan.
7. International Workshop on Camel Research and Development.
Formulating a Research Agenda for the Next Decade. Wad Medani,
Gezira State - Sudan. 9-2, Dec. 2002.
8. Evaluation and Development of Higher Education. University of
Gezira, Wad Medani - Sudan, 10th.Sep. 2002.
Charcoal and Gas brooder for day- old chicks.
Membership of Technical Committee:
1- Member of the National Technical Committee of Biosafety (2014).
2- Member of Strategic Committee in Agricultural Studies in Sudan (2011).
1. Established member of Rural Women Development Organization (RWDO) (NGO) in the Gezira-State, Sudan. (2008).
2. Head, of RWDO Administrative Board (2008-2011).
3. Football Coach and Football Nutritionist with (C) Coaching license of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) (2013).