Name : Ahmed Abdalla Mohamedani
D.O.B. : 1948
Nationality : Sudanese
Marital Status : Married, 6 children
Qualifications M.B., B.S. (1974) Faculty of Medicine,
University of Khartoum.( University prize for the
Best preliminary student)
D.C.P (Diploma in Clinical Pathology) with
Class prize in Histopathology Module- (1981)
Royal Postgraduate Medical School(R.P.M.S)
-University of London
Primary MRCPath.-Histopath.(November 81)
MRCPath. July 1984 (United Kingdom)
FRCPath. 1994 (United Kingdom)
Dec. 1974 / Dec.1975 ( Internship Wad Medani Teaching Hospital)
3 Months Medicine
3 Months Obs. & Gyne.
3 Months Surgery
3 Months Paediatrics
Jan.76/ Dec.78 (Medical Officer-GP- Kassala Teaching Hospital):
3 Months Outpatient Department
3 Months paediatrics
3 Months Chest Medicine
6 Months Obs. & Gyne.
6 Months Internal Medicine
15 Months General Surgery Jan.79/Aug.80 (Pathology Registrar, Soba University Hospital,
6 Months Haematology & Blood Transfusion
3 Months Histopathology
3 Months Chemical Pathology
3 Months Microbiology
Oct.80/Feb.81 Haematology Module (RPMS) - London
Mar.81/Jul.81 Histopathology Module (RPMS) - London
Aug.81/ Jun.82 Honorary Registrar- Histopathology
Department, Hammersmith Hospital, RPMS,
Jun.82/ Feb.85 Registrar, Histopathology Department
Freeman Hospital-Newcastle Upon Tyne-UK
May 85/ Mar.94 Consultant pathologist , Assistant professor
and Director of Gezira Medical Laboratory-
Faculty of Medicine-University of Gezira
Jul.97- Jan.2008 Professor of pathology, F.of M.& establishing
Dean Faculty of Medical Lab. sciences UofG
Jan.01/Jan.o6 Director General of the General Directorate
Of Laboratories and Blood Banks- Gezira
State Ministry of Health
Present Post: Professor of pathology, Faculty of Medicine – University of Gezira
Other Activities (Service &Training)
(A) Forensic Medicine (F.M.):
1) Performed more than 300 postmortems in UK (both Hospital & coroner)
2) Co-coordinating & teaching F.M. course in F of M – U of G since 1985
3) Organized a workshop for the development of a postgraduate Master Degree Curriculum in
F.M. sponsored by WHO (1997).
4) Supervised postgraduate training in F.M. for pathology students including lectures & over
1000 post mortems
5) Established a modern Mortuary by self-help donations.
6) Established the Gezira Centre for Renal Dialysis & Transplantation
7) Co-establisher of the Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Molecular Biology & Oncology
8) Co-establisher of Abu-alga Centre for Diabetics (NGO)
1) Introduced FNAC in 1987 for the first time in Sudan
2) Established routine Cytopathology service in Gezira State – Central Sudan
C) Hematology & Blood Transfusion:
1) Performed thousands of peripheral bloods & bone marrows
2) Contributed in establishing safe blood transfusion units & banks all over Gezira State (more
than 42 BT units including the Central Bank in Wad Medani.
3) Teaching & Training Haematology & B.T. for under & postgraduates as well as Ministry of
D .Pathology Training:
- Established and coordinated the MD program of Clinical Pathology in Gezira University.
- The program started in 1993 and was a written and a structured program adopting an apprenticeship strategy.
- Now we are hosting Batch 3.The total number of Student is 27 of whom 17 graduated with MD in Clinical Pathology.
- Graduates are leading pathology services in some of the Ministry of Health Hospitals, work as teaching staff in some universities and some are abroad
- There are links with Italian and British Institutes including the Royal college of Pathologists (UK)
Professional Societies, Memberships & Organizations:
1) Fellow, Royal College of Pathologists
2) Member, Executive committee of the Sudanese Pathologists Association
3) Past President of the Society of Renal Disease Patients
4) Establishing member of the Gezira Branch of the National AIDS Committee
5) Member & Sudan Councellor of the Arab Division of The International Academy of
6) Member of Senate, U of G.
7) Member, Postgraduate Studies Committee- U of G.
8) Member, Research Committee – Ministry of High Education & Research.
9) Member of 5 councils-Sudan National Medical Specialization Board:
-Basic Sciences Council
- Surgery Council
- High Council of the Board
In all these councils I was involved in the development of curricula and evaluation tools
10) Member, Editorial Boards of Gezira Journal of Health Sciences and two Medical
Journals –El Nileen University & reviewer for a number of national, regional and
international journals (e.g. The Lancet & Pathology diagnostics)
11) Member of the Task Force who developed 16 curricula for Diplomas in Health
Sciences sponsored by Ministry of High Education & organized by the EDC ,
Faculty of Medicine – University of Gezira (2005)
12) Member of 6 Faculty Boards of the 6 Health Sciences Faculties including Faculty of
Medicine – University of Gezira, Sudan.
13) Previously Member of Gezira University Staff Promotion committee
14) Member of Gezira University Council
15) Member of several M of HE &SR and SMC committees for evaluation of curricula of several new medical schools and faculties of Medical Lab. Sciences.
Research Activities & Examinations:
A) Supervision/ examination:
- Supervised more than 80 candidates at MD /PhD/M.Sc. & Diploma levels
- External and internal examiner: Pathology & various other specialties, both for post & undergraduates.
- Assessment of scientific work of applicants for promotion to associate and professor
status ( Nationally and regionally)
B) Books and Papers Published & presented at conferences:
1. A A Mohamedani & M K Bennet, Angiofollicular lymphoid hyperplasia in a pulmonary fissure- Thorax 1985:40:686-687.
2. Ahmed Awad Abdel- Hameed, Mukhtar E.A. Hassan, Kamil M. Abdalla, Awad Elbasha, Bushra O. Ahmed and Ahmed A. Mohamedani- Two cases of ocular leishmaniasis – Tropical & Geographical Medicine – vol.43: 1990:91-93
3. Ahmed A. Abdel-Hameed, Bushra O. Ahmed, A A Mohamedani, Abdalla El-Harith and Guillaume Van Eys – A case of diffuse cutaneous leishmaniasis due to Leishmania major-Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene( 1990 ) 84,535-536.
4. Ahmed A. Abdel-Hameed, A.-G. M. Ahmed, M.K. Elturabi, Ahmed, A A Mohamedani, and M.E.M.A. Magzoub- An outbreak of dracunculiasis in central Sudan- Annals of Tropical Medicine & Parasitology, Vol. 87, No. 6, 571-577 ( 1993 ).
5. T. E. Taha , R. H. Gray and Ahmed, A A Mohamedani Malaria & low birth weight in central Sudan- American Journal of Epidemiology- Vol. 138, No.5, 318-325
6. S.H. A/Rahman, A A Mohamedani,E.M. Mirgani & A.M. Ibrahim- Gender Aspects & Women Participation In The Control & Management Of Malaria In Central Sudan- Soc. Sci. Med. Vol. 42, No.10, pp. 1433- 1446 , 1995.
7. A. A. Mohamedani, A. A. Abdel-Hameed and S. Elmukashfi- Fine needle aspiration for the diagnosis of onchocercal nodules- Tropical Doctor, 1997, 27 , 242-243.
8. A. A. Mohamedani & S. Elmukashfi- Congenital erythropoietic porphyria , a report of two female siblings – Journal of the Arab Board of Medical Specializations Vol. 1, No. 1, January 1999.
9. A. A. Mohamedani, O. Khalafalla , E.A. Ali & A.E. Elsheikh - Spontaneous splenic rupture & Falciparum malaria in central Sudan , a report of nine cases with review of the literature- Journal of the Arab Board of Medical Specializations Vol. 1, No. 2, April 1999.
10. M. O'hag & A. A. Mohamedani – Clinical trials for the treatment of ascites with camel's urine- Journal of the Arab Board of Medical Specializations Vol. 2, No. 3, July, 2000 .
11. A. A. Mohamedani, A. Abdelkarim & O. Khalafalla – Immunochromatographic test for Plasimodium falciparum malaria in Medani Central Sudan - Journal of the Arab Board of Medical Specializations Vol. 3, No. 3, 2001.
12. S. A. Ibrahim & A. A. Mohamedani – Characteristics and chemosynthesis of Ficus sycomorus latex and its use in oral candidiasis in Sudanese children - Journal of the Arab Board of Medical Specializations Vol. 2, No. 1, Jan 2001. 13. H. O. Zeidan, A.A. Gibriel & A. A. Mohamedani – Manangement , complications and outcome of 100 cases of meningococcal meningitis in Gezira State , Central Sudan ,1999- Journal of the Arab Board of Medical Specializations Vol. 5, No. 1, 2003.
14. S.M. Ahmed, S.K. Abd Al-Rhim, A. A. Mohamedani, Ali B. Habour & A.A. Sadek- Malaria parasitemia during delivery – Saudi Med J 2002; Vol. 23(6 ) : 684-688
15. أحمدعبدالله محمدانى ‘ ضياء الدين الجيلى وعثمان طه محمد عثمان - تجربة كليات العلوم الصحية بجامعة الجزيرة فى تعريب المناهج (1993-2003)المجلة الصحية لشرق المتوسط- منظمة الصحة العالمية- المجلد الحادى عشر- العددان 1\2 -2005
16. أحمدعبدالله محمدانى وسميرة حامد عبدالرحمن – تقييم أثر التعريب على التحصيل الأكاديمى للطلاب المتخرجين من كلية الطب جامعة الجزيرة – المجلة الصحية لشرق المتوسط- منظمة الصحة العالمية-ملحق المجلد الثانى عشر- رقم 2 ،2006
17.Khalid A.A., Bakri Y.M.Nour, Henk D.F.H.Scallig, Adil M., Zuhal Hamid, Abdallah. Abdelkariem, O.K.Saeed and Ahmed A.Mohamedani. Evaluation of the Direct Agglutination Test (D.A.T) based on freeze-dried Leishmania donovani promastigotes for the sero-diagnosis of visceral leishmaniasis in Sudanese patients. Tropical Medicine and International Health; vol. 9 No. 10 pp. 1127 - 1131 October 2004
18. Bakri Y. Nour, Ibrahim A. Faragalla,,Osman K. Saeed A.A. Mohamedani,(2006) . in vitro study assessing the response of P. falciparum to choloroquine, sdx/pyr., quinine and mefloquine in Wad Medani District, Sudan. Saudi Med. J; Volume 27 (6), 808-812
19.Nour, B.Y.M., Schallig, H.D.F.H., Schoone, G.J., Saeed, O.K. & A. A. Mohamedani, (2004). Screening of blood bank samples for the presence of malaria parasites by conventional methods and quantitative nucleic acid sequence based amplification (QT-NASBA) assay. Abstract book VII International Meeting on Molecular Epidemiology and Evolutionary Genetics of Infectious Diseases.(19- 22 July 2004, Valencia, Spain), 81. IX European Multi-colloquium on Parasitology (18 – 23 July 2004, Valencia, Spain), 99.and presented orally in The Multilateral Initiative on Malaria – FOURTH MIM PAN-AFRICAN MALARIA CONFERENCE 2005, November 13 – 18, Yaounde-Cameroon.
20. Nour, B.Y.M., Schallig, H.D.F.H., Schoone, G.J., Saeed, O.K. & A.A.Mohamedani-Evaluation of Rapid Diagnostic Tests (RDTs) in comparison with microscopy for diagnosis of malaria and monitoring the efficacy of anti-malaria therapy in Gezira – Sudan Presented in African Universities Congress – Academic conference Khartoum – Sudan – 15-17 January 2006, and presented in International congress of parasitology ( INCOPA XI) in Glasgow –Scotland –UK -6 – 11August 2006
21.Bakri Y. M. Nour1, 2, Henk Schallig, Gerard Schoone, Abd Allah A/ Ekariem, Yousif D. Abd Allah, Osman K. Saeed & A. A. Mohamedani. Chloroquine (CQ) and Sulphadoxine/Pyrimethamine (SP) Efficacy in the Treatment of Acute Uncomplicated Plasmodium. falciparum malaria and the prevalence of genetic mutations in Central Sudan ( accepted for presentation at the 2nd International Congress On Infectious & Tropical Diseases - Muscat, Sultanate of Oman -4th - 7th December 2006
22. I.E. El-Gack, A. A. Mohamedani & O.A. Mirgani- Malaria prophylaxis during pregnancy in primigravidae using sulfadoxime/ pyrimethamine in Wad Medani – Sudan.Gezira Journal of Health Sciences, September 2003, Vol. 1, No. 1.
23. Khalid Dafaallah Awadelkarim , Gitana Aceto , Serena Veschi, Ahmed Elhaj ,Annalisa Morgano , Ahmed Abdalla Mohamedani , Elgaylani Abdalla Eltayeb ,Dafaallah Abuidris , Mario Di Gioacchino , Pasquale Battista , Fabio Verginelli ,Alessandro Cama , Nasr Eldin Elwali , Renato Mariani-Costantini–BRCA1 and BRCA2 status in a Central Sudanese series of breast cancer patients: interactions with genetic, ethnic and reproductive factors-Breast Cancer Res Treat (2007) 102:189–199
24. A. A. Mohamedani , A.E.Elsheikh , F. Nugud & O. Taha – Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology in Diagnosis of Tumoral Calcinosis , a report of 3 cases – Gezira Journal of Health Sciences Sept. 2006 Vol.2 No.3.
25. S.H.A\Rahman , I.M.Elbashir & A. A. Mohamadani- The prevention of cancer in low- resource populations through community based interventions – presented at the 27th. Annual Meeting of the Internal Association of Cancer Registries , Entebe – Uganda , 13-15 Sept., 2005.
26.N.E. Elwali , A. A. Mohamedani ,G.Abdalla, D.Abuidris, A.Elag, M.Musa, E.M.Elgaili, A.Balal, S.Mohamed Ahmed, N.Abuelhassan, Z.Hilmi, K.Awadelkarim, N.Bashir, M.Di Gioacchini & R.M.Costantini – Risk Factors for Cancer in Sudan- presented at the 27th. Annual Meeting of the Internal Association of Cancer Registries , Entebe – Uganda , 13-15 Sept., 2005.
27. G.Aceto, K.Awadelkarim, S. Veschi, A.Elag, A. A. Mohamedani , P. Battista, F.Verginelli, G.Abdalla, A.Cama, F. Cuccurullo, M.Di Gioacchini, N.E. Elwali & R.M.Costantini – BRCA1 & BRCA2 Germline Mutations in Early Onest and Male Breast Cancer Patients From Central Sudan- presented at the 27th. Annual Meeting of the Internal Association of Cancer Registries , Entebe – Uganda , 13-15 Sept., 2005.
28. A.Macheti, A. A. Mohamedani , F.Buttitta , K.Awadelkarim, G.Aceto, L.Brancone, S.Veschi, A.Cama, P. Battista, D.Campani, E.M.Elgaili, M.Brabareschi, A.Balal, F. Cuccurullo, M.Di Gioacchini, N.E. Elwali & R.M.Costantini – Pathologic Characteristics of Breast Cancer in Sudan: Comparison between A Sudanese & Italian Breast Cancer Series - - presented at the 27th. Annual Meeting of the International Association of Cancer Registries , Entebe – Uganda , 13-15 Sept., 2005.
29. أحمد عبدالله محمدانى ،سميرة حامد عبدالرحمن وعمر السيد الطيب العباس
نظرة ناقدة لمقررات اللغة العربية كأحد مطلوبات التعليم العالى بكليات العلوم الصحية بجامعة الجزيرة - المجلة الصحية لشرق المتوسط- منظمة الصحة العالمية
30. A. A. Mohamedani , M.Mostafa & T. E. Taha – Comparison between reported & confirmed malaria – Central Sudan Gezira Journal of Health Sciences Dec.2009 Vol.1 No. 2.
31.O.A.Mirghani, M.Elsanousi, M.E.Abdula, O,Taha, A.B.Habour, S.M.Ahmed, A. A. Mohamedani , H.Eltoum, A.A/ Hafeez & M.Mukhtar- Accreditation of the Faculty of Medicine , University of Gezira , a pilot study - Gezira Journal of Health Sciences Dec.2005 Vol.1 No. 2.
32.A.A.Alshiekh & . A. A. Mohamedani – Large bowel obstruction & endiometriosis- Gezira Journal of Health Sciences Dec.2005 Vol.1 No. 2.
33. Adam I., Mirghani OA, Saed OK, Ahmed SM, Mohamedani AA, Ahmed HM, Mackenzie CD, Homeida MM, Elbashir MI- Quinine therapy in severe Plasimodium falciparum malaria during pregnancy- East Mediterr. Health J.2004 Jan-Mar;10(1-2):159-66.
34 S.H. A/Rahman, A A Mohamedani :Health Professionals Training Institutes in The Promotion of Health Services & Development of Local Communities in Southern Sudan – A Model From the Faculty of Medicine , University of Gezira – Presented at the International Conference for better Health in Southern Sudan, London Jul. 2005
35) BAKRI Y. M. NOUR*,MD, PÈTRA F. MENS†,‡,BSc,MSc, OSMAN K. SAEED*,MD, AHMED A.MOHAMADANI*,MD&HENK D. F. H. SCHALLIG†MSc, PhD- Screening of blood bank samples for the presence of malaria parasites by conventional methods and quantitative nucleic acid sequence-based amplification (QT-NASBA) assay-Transfusion Alternatives In Transfusion Medicine (TATM), Vol. 9 Issue 2 article 065- 2007.
36) S. H. Abdelrahman, A.M. Malik , A. A. Mohamedani, M. E. Mohamed, S. M. Alfadil , T. D. Elhassan & H. S Ahmed: Teaching of Major Communicable Diseases In Sudanese Medical Schools: a critical look EMHJ,Vol.18, No.3 March, 2012.
37) E.G.Elgaili,A.A.Mohamedani ,M.Elkhatim -Ductal Carcinoma in situ of the Female Breast: A review Article - Gezira Journal of Health Sciences Dec.2007 Vol.3 No. 2
38) A.H. Atta Elmula,B.Y.M.Nur,M.A.Taha,A.A. Mohamedani & O.K.: Saeed Prevalence of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Antibodies in Patients with Schistosomiasis - Gezira Journal of Health Sciences Dec.2007 Vol.3 No. 2
39) M.H. Elamin , A.A. Mohamedani,M. Elsanousi & M.H. Eljasir: Epidemiological Studies on toxoplasmosis in pregnant Women Using Serological Methods in Gezira State - Central Sudan: Gezira Journal of Health Sciences Dec.2007 Vol.3 No. 2
40) M.H.Elamin, A.A.Mohamedani, M. H.Eljasir& & M. Elsanousi: Genotyping of Toxoplasma Gondii in Pregnant women with Toxoplasmosis in Gezira State , Central Sudan: Journal of the Arab Board of Medical Specializations Vol.9. No.1,2008.
41)Aida Ali Ahmed Mohamed, Mohamed El Imam Ahmed,Anwar Ali Elamin,ElSadiq M,Khalid Eltahir Khalid, A. A. Mohamedani,ElGaili Mohamed and Elhadi Miskeen: Changes in serum calcium, phosphate, albumin and parathyroid hormone before and after haemodialysis in Sudanese patients with end – stage renal failure- Journal of the Arab Board of Medical Specializations Vol.10. No.1,2009
42)S.Elsanosi,.S.H.Abdelrahman,I.Elsheik,M.Elhadi,A.Mohamedani,A.Hbour,S. Elamin,A.Elnoury,Elhadi Ahmed and Paul R. Hunter: A study of the use and impact of the Lifestraw™ in a settlement camp in southern Gezira, Sudan- Journal of Water and Health(2009)
43)B.Y.M.Nour,H.Schallig,P.F.Mens,S.M.Elbushra,O.K.Saeed & A.A.Mohamedani: Use of Rapid Diagnostic Tests (RDTs) to monitor the efficacy of antimalarial therapy in Gezira, Sudan- A prospective assessor-blind comparative study-TIJM,Vol2;Issue 3 Jul-Sep. 2009 pp 357-263
44) Frequency Distribution of Antimalaria Drug-Resistance Alleles among Plasmodium falciparum Isolates from Gezira State, Central Sudan, and Gedarif State, Eastern Sudan. by Menegon, Michela; Talha, Albadawi; Severini, Carlo; Elbushra, Sayed; Mohamedani, Ahmed; Malik, Elfatih; Mohamed, Tarig; Wernsdorfer, Walter; Majori, Giancarlo; Nour, Bakri Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2010 Aug 5; 83(2): 250–257
45) Khalid Dafaallah Awadelkarim, Ahmed Abdalla Mohamedani and Massimo Barberis Role of pathology in sub-Saharan Africa: an example from Sudan
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine International 2010:2 1–9
46)Mohamed El Imam,Abdullah Abdelkareem,Nasreldeen Yosif,Mohamed Elsabig , Elhasan M. Elhasan,A.A.Mohamedani ,Badreldeen Ahmed,Elhadi Miskeen and Osman Khalafallah:Epidemic of Rift Valley Fever in Sudan,Gezira Experience,2007- Gezira Journal of Health Sciences Dec.2009 Vol.5 No. 2
47) Moawia Elbalal,Osman Khalfalla Saeed and Ahmed A.Mohamedani:Causes of Hepatomegaly in 60 Sudanese Patients,Gezira, Central Sudan- Gezira Journal of Health Sciences Dec.2010 Vol.6 No.1
48) Mamoun M. M. Osman, Bakri Y. M. Nour, Mohamed F. Sedig, Laura de Bes, Adil M. Babikir,Ahmed A. Mohamedani and Petra F. Mens-Informed decision-making before changing to RDT: a comparison of microscopy, rapid diagnostic test and molecular techniques for the diagnosis and identification of malaria parasites in Kassala, eastern Sudan- Malar J. 2010; 9(Suppl 2): P32
50) Ali AA, Elsheikh SM, Elhaj A, Osman N, Abuidris D, Eltayeb EA, Mahgoub M, Hamdoun A, Babiker MM, Mohamedani AA, Elwali NE, Qaddoumi I.Clinical Presentation and Outcome of Retinoblastoma among Children Treated at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) in Gezira, Sudan: A single institution experience Ophthalmic Genet.2001 Mar 2
51) Ameer M. Daffalla, D.J. McCloskey, Almutaz A. Alemam, Amel A. Ibrahim, Adil
M. Babikir, Nagla Gasmelseed, Mohamed El Imam, Ahmed A. Mohamedani, Mubarak M. Magzoub: HLA Polymorphism in Sudanese Renal Donors ,Saudi J. Kidney Dis Transpl 2011; 22(4): 834- 840
52) Renato Mariani-Costantini, Khalid Dafaallah Awadelkarim, Massimo Barberis, Claudio Clemente, Pasquale De Blasio, Mario Di Gioacchino, Agostino Faravelli, Marco Forni, Piergiovanni Grigolato, Lorenzo Leoncini, Karin Schuerfeld, Ahmed Abdalla Mohamedani, Giuseppe Lattanzio, Sandra Rosini and Vincenzo Stracca Pansa: Building Sustainable Capacity for Disease Diagnosis in Sub-Saharan Africa: Case Studies of Cooperation in Diagnostic Pathology.
Source:New Knowledge in a New Era of Globalization ISBN 978-953-307-501-3. Edited by Piotr Pachura, Publisher: InTech – August 2011
53) Sumaia El Hag M. Elamin & Ahmed A.Mohamedani: The problem of typhoid fever diagnosis and management: a review article, Sudan Medical Monitor 2012; vol.7, No.2, April-June: 133-118.
54) Ahmed M Elhaj, Ahmed A Elshaikh & Ahmed A.Mohamedani: National Guidelines for management of Breast Cancer: for enforcement or persuasion: a short communication, Sudan Med J 2012 December, 48 (3).
55) Abdelnassir M. Ahamed, Awad Elseed Mustafa Elsaeed, Mohamed Elsanousi Mohamed, Ahmed A.Mohamedani, GadAllah Modawe: Antiphospholipid Syndrome among Women with Unexplained Recurrent Abortion in Wad Medani Obstetrics and Gynecological Teaching Hospital, Gezira State, Sudan, Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2014; 2(3B):1005-1009
56) Bakri Y.M. Nour*, Naser Mahmoud M. Hamed, Ali Babekir Habour, Abd Alla AbdElkariem, Ahmed A. Mohamedani and Osman K Saeed: Efficacy and safety of artemisinin – naphthoquine (ARCO®) in the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum among Sudanese adults, Global Advanced Research Journal of Medicine and Medical Science (ISSN: 2315-5159S) Vol. 3(1) pp. 001-007, January 2014
57) Bashir A. B., Ageep Ali K, Abufatima A. S. and Mohamedani A. A.: Reactive thrombocytosis and erythrocyte sedimentation rate in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis, Journal of Medical Laboratory and Diagnosis, Vol. 5(3), pp. 29-34, May 2014
58) Intisar Idris, Shams Eldein M. Ahmed, Ahmed A.Mohamedani and Gad Allah Modawe: The Effect of Falciparum Malaria on Secretion of Serum α–-Amylase and Insulin by the Pancreas, Gezira state, Sudan, Sch. Acad. J. Biosci., 2014; 2(7): 448-453
59) Omer Ahmed Mirghani, Mohamed Elsanosi Mohamed, Osman Mohamed Elamin Magbool, Mohamed Ahmed Ali Omer, Imad Mohamed Tag ElDin, Yousif Fadl Alla Mohamed, Ahmed Abdalla Mohamedani, Hashim Eltom and Omer Hassan Arbi: Curriculum Development of the Faculties of Health and Agricultural Sciences University of Gezira ( 15.12.2011 to 15.06.2012), GJHS, June 2014 Vol. 10, No. 1.
60) Bashir A. Bashir, Sharif A. Abdallah and Ahmed A. Mohamedani: Anemia among Patients with Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Port Sudan, Eastern Sudan - International Journal of Recent Scientific Research Vol. 6, Issue, 5, pp.4128-4131, May, 2015
61) Salma O.M. Abdalla, Shamseldein M. Ahamed, Ahmed A. Mohamedani, GadAllah Modawe: COMPARISON BETWEEN THE PERFORMANCE OF LOCALLY PREPARED THROMBOPLASTIN AND A COMMERCIAL BRAND- Journal of Science / Vol 5 / Issue 1 / 2015 / 44-47
62) Eltigani Elnour Bashier, Nabil Hamid Bashir, Ahmed Mohamadani, Sami Omer Elamin4 and Samira Hamid Abdelrahman: A challenge of sustaining water supply and sanitation under growing population: A case of the Gezira State, Sudan- International Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, Vol. 7(9), pp. 132-138, November, 2015.
63) B.Y.M. Nour, A.A. Mohamedani, O.K. Saeed & A. Mustafa - Case report: A
previously unreported hyperparasitaemia level of Plasmodium falciparum in a
Sudanese patient, Giornale Italiano di Medicina Tropicale, Jan 2008
64) Mamoun Magzoub ; Nahla Mohamed ;Bakri Y. M. Nour ; Ahmed A. Mohamdani; Magnus Evander ; Clas Ahlm; Mubark M.S. Alkarsany: Prevalence and Identification of Hemorrhagic Fever Viruses in Kassala, Eastern Sudan
65) Asmerom Tesfamariam Sengal, Ahmed Abdalla Mohamedani, Hanan Hasaan Hussein, and Alaa Kamal: The Role of PCR in Diagnosis of a Rare Appendicular Tuberculosis and Mini Literature Review- Case Reports in Gastrointestinal Medicine Volume 2016 (2016), Article ID 8356708, 3 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/8356708
66) Kelly L Edmunds, Samira Abd Elrahman, Diana J Bell,a Julii Brainard, Samir Dervisevic, Tsimbiri P Fedha, Roger Few, Guy Howard, Iain Lake, Peter Maes, Joseph Matofari, Harvey Minnigh, Ahmed A Mohamedani, Maggie Montgomery, Sarah Morter, Edward Muchiri, Lutendo S Mudau, Benedict M Mutua, Julius M Ndambuki, Katherine Pond, Mark D Sobsey, Mike van der Es, Mark Zeitounr & Paul R Hunter: Recommendations for dealing with waste contaminated with Ebola virus: a Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points approach - Bull World Health Organ 2016;94:424–432 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.2471/BLT.15.163931
67) Mohammed Basheer Koko Baraka, Ahmed Elsayed2and Ahmed Abdalla Mohamedani: Effect on Rates of Surgical Site Infection Following Application of an Infection Prevention and Control Training Program in Elsha’ab Hospital, Khartoum, Sudan - Journal of US-China Medical Science, Jul.-Sep. 2014, Volume 11, No. 3 (Serial No. 95) , ISSN 1548-6648, USA
68) Ahmed Elhaj, Nada Suliman and Ahmed A Mohamedani :Molecular Breast Cancer Subtypes in Sudan and Their Impact on Management ; with Emphasis on Luminal Sub - Type A Sudan medical journal 51(1):23-31 · April 2015 DOI: 10.12816/0015557
69) Mohammed Saeed Elsamani Eltayeb, Awad Eseed Mustafa, Ahmed Abdalla Mohamedani, Abbas Abdalrahman Assayed: Prevalence of anaemia among Quranic school (Khalawi) students (Heiran)in Wad El Magboul village, rural Rufaa, Gezira State, Central Sudan: a cross sectional study- The Pan African Medical Journal. 2016; 24:244. doi:10.11604/pamj.2016.24.244.8355
70) Sanhouri Kanan, A.A.Mohamadani, A.M. ELHAJ, Ihsan. M. Osman4, Abbas A.A: Retrospective Immunohistochemical Studies on H/E Diagnosed Lymphoma Cases at Gezira Medical Lab Wad Medani, Sudan - wjpmr, 2017, 3(1), 60-66.
71) Eltohami MME, Bashir NHH and Mohamedani AA: Effect of Some Professions on the
Lead Levels of Male Urine in Wad-Medani, Sudan, Ec pharmacology and toxicology,
Cronicon open access Journal, September 19, 2017
C. Ongoing Research Projects.
-Testing some anticancer activities of camel's urine and milk
-Breast cancer, comparative studies between Sudanese and European cases
-Liver cancer a multinational research project
- Scientific evaluation of some books (4)
- Written books:
- General Parasitology
- Blood transfusion
-Faculty of Medicine, University of Gezira - PO.Box 20 Wad Medani,Sudan.
-Tel. Home: +249-157985882 - Clinic (Tel/Fax): +249-511-846561 - Mobile: 00249912320190