Name : Prof. Abu Elhassan Salih Ibrahim
Nationality : Sudanese
Date of birth : 1947
Marital status : Married
Religion : Muslim
Languages : Arabic and English
Status : Professor
Address : Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Gezira, P.O.
Box 20, Wad Medani, Sudan.
Phone : 00249918321210
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications : Ph.D. Crop Science-plant breeding, genetics and statistics-
Oregon State University, Oregon, USA. 1980.
M.Sc. Crop Science-breeding and production of field crops-
Khartoum University, Khartoum, Sudan. 1976.
B. Sc. Agronomy, Division 1, University of Khartoum,
Professor at the University of Gezira, Sudan, teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in crop production, plant breeding, genetics and statistics as well as carrying out research in the fields of production and breeding of field crops, supervising M.Sc. and Ph.D. students and participating in planning and administrative committees of the University.
Associate professor at the University of Gezira, Sudan, teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in crop science and statistics, supervising graduate and undergraduate students as well as carrying out research in production and breeding of field crops.
Associate professor at the University of United Arab Emirates teaching crop science courses and conducting research in the production and breeding of field crops.
Assistant professor at the University of Gezira, Sudan, teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in crop science and statistics, supervising graduate and undergraduate students as well as conducting research in production and breeding of field crops.
Graduate (postgraduate) student in the Department of Crop Science, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon. Successfully completed a Ph.D. Also I gained valuable teaching and research experience by working as a teaching assistant with my major supervisor at OSU.
Graduate (postgraduate) student at Khartoum University, Khartoum, Sudan. Successfully completed an M. Sc. in Agronomy with emphasis on flowering, seed setting and production of groundnut (peanut).
Seed Production Officer at the Sudan Gezira Agricultural Scheme. My responsibility included production and distribution of cotton, sorghum, peanut (groundnut), forage and vegetable seeds.
COURSES I TAUGHT IN SUDAN AND UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
A. Undergraduate level :
§ Introduction to desert agriculture.
§ Introduction to crop production.
§ Fundamentals of agriculture.
§ Introductory statistics.
§ Introductory genetics.
§ Production of field crops.
§ Production of forage crops.
§ Methods of plant breeding.
§ Breeding of field crops.
§ Agricultural genetics.
§ Field plot technique.
§ Undergraduate seminar.
B. Graduate level :
§ Experimental designs.
§ Regression and correlation.
§ Production and breeding of forage crops.
§ Plant breeding.
§ Advanced plant breeding.
§ Quantitative genetics.
§ Graduate seminar.
I published more than 100 refreed research papers in international, regional and local journals like Crop Science (USA), Euphytica (The Netherlands), Maydica (Italy), Japan Journal of Crop Science, Wheat Information Service (Japan), Experimental Agriculture (UK), Genetica Agraria (Italy), Oleagineux (France), Tropical Agriculture (Trinidad), Annals of Botany (USA and UK), East African Agricultural and Forestry Journal (Kenya), Africa Journal of Agricultural Sciences (Uganda), Bulletin of Faculty of Agriculture, University of Cairo, Emirates Journal of Agricultural Sciences, University of Khartoum Journal of Agricultural Sciences, JONARES (Sudan), Gezira Journal of Agricultural Science (Sudan), Sudan Journal of Agricultural Research and Damscus University Journal of Agricultural Sciences (Syria).
Ibrahim, A.E.S. and F.Y. Ali. 1987. The Range Plants of the United Arab Emirates. UAE University Press, AlAin, UAE (in Arabic).
CONTRIBUTION TO INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH PROGRAMS :
- A member of the study and research team of the improvement of arid land agriculture in the United Arab Emirate research program. A joint research program between UAE University and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and carried out by UAE and Shizouka Universities between 1985-1989.
- The team leader of the research group that conducted the research on “The Dairy Production Systems in the Rahad Agricultural Scheme (Sudan)”. A joint research program between the University of Gezira and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) of Canada dealing with production of forage crops, animal nutrition and agricultural economics, 1983-1986.
- A representative of the Gezira University in the committee that written and conducted the program for the development of agricultural research, education and extension in the irrigated sector of the Sudan. A project supported by the World Bank and the Sudan Government, 1983.
I attended many conferences and international meetings which need not to be numerated.
MEMBERSHIP OF EDITORIAL BOARDS OF SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS :
- Editor-in-chief of the Gezira Journal of Agricultural Science (Sudan) since 2002- …...
- A member of the Emirates Journal of Agricultural Sciences editorial board, 1988-1990.
- A member of the Sudan Journal of Agricultural Research editorial board since 1997……...
- A refree of scientific publications in Dirasaat (Jordan), Emirates Journal of Agricultural Sciences, Sudan Journal of Agricultural Sciences, University of Khartoum Journal of Agricultural Sciences (Sudan) and Gezira Journal of Agricutlural Sciences (Sudan).
ACADEMIC SUPERVISION OF POST GRADUATE STUDENTS :
I supervised the graduation of 62 M.Sc. and 30 Ph.D. students in the University of Gezira, Sudan and I am supervising 6 Ph.D. candidate students at present (2014).
Prof. M.O. Khidir,
Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum, Shambat, Sudan.
Prof. Abdelbagi M.Ali,
Agricultural Research Corporation, Wad Medani, Sudan.
Prof. Mohamed E. Elkahsif,
University of Gezira, Wad Medani, Sudan.