1/ Personal data
NAME : Mohamed Elsanousi Mohamed Elsanousi
SEX : Male
DATE OF BIRTH : 15 March, 1958
ADDRESS : Faculty of Medicine, University of Gezira
P.O. Box 20 Wad Medani, Sudan
Home phone: 00249-511-53648
1) MBBS, University of Gezira, Faculty of Medicine, Sudan 1985
2) MOG (Equivalent to MD) University of Khartoum, Sudan 1992
3) Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics Course
At Soba University Hospital (Sudan)(ALSO) 2006
4) Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics Instructor
Course at Soba University Hospital (Sudan) (ALSO) 2006
5) Joined Master of Health Professional Education (JMHPE) 2007
Maastricht University- Netherlands & Suez Canal University- Egypt.
3/ PRESENT JOBS:
a) Obstetrician and Gynaecologest – Wadmedani Teaching Hospital for Obstetrics and Gynaecology since October 1992
b) Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira (FMUG). Since June 2006.
c) Postgraduate Coordinator Education Development Center, Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira. (EDC) Since January 2009.
4/ PREVIOUS JOBS:
-Nov. 1985 – Dec. 1986 : Internship
-Jan. 1987 – Jun. 1987 : Medical officer
-June 1987 – Oct. 1988 : Teaching Assistant.
-Oct. 1988 – Oct. 1992 : Registrar in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
–Oct 1992 – June 2001 : Assistant Professor.
-June 2001- Nov.2005 : Head Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
-June 2001 – June 2006 : Associate Professor.
-Jan. 1994 – Jan. 2009 : Deputy Director of Gezira EDC.
-Nov.2005 -. Mar..20010 : Deputy Dean Faculty of Applied Medical
Sciences University of Gezira (FAMS).
5/ DESCIPITION OF JOBS:
a) Obstetrician and Gynaecologest
( I ) Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology:
1- Course coordinator for undergraduates.
2- Teaching and evaluation of undergraduates.
3- Supervise and evaluate postgraduate thesis.
4- Administrative roles in the Obstetrics & Gynaecology department.
5- Research work.
6- Consultant of a big unite consisting of 2 other specialists, 3 registrars, 2 medical officers and varying numbers of house officers. The unite deliver health service to patients, including operative and non operative management in the teaching hospital
7- Manage a weakly Gynaecology oncology combined clinic
8- External examiner for undergraduate and postgraduate in deferent medical institutes.
9- Teaching and supervise postgraduate students of Master in population studies and reproductive Health-Faculty of Economics and rural development, University of Gezira.
10- Course instructor of Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
( II ) Deputy dean of the Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences:
1- Responsible of the administrative, academic and financial issues.
2- Management of the academic process.
3- Act as a faculty dean in the absence of the dean.
4- Member of almost all the faculty standing committees.
(III)Postgraduate Coordinator- EDC:
1- Design and development of Master degree in Health Professions Education.(EDC-Gezira)
2- Teaching and evaluation of postgraduate student of Health Professions Education.
3- Supervise postgraduate thesis in Health Professions Education
4- Planning coordination, implementation and evaluation of the EDC activities.
5- Participate in Health Professions Education curricula design, development and evaluation.
6- Participate in comprehensive programme evaluation.
7- Design, implement, facilitate and evaluate health professions education workshops
6/ OTHER ACTIVITIES:
A/ Member of the University of Gezira Senate
B/ Reporter of the Gezira Initiative for Safe Motherhood and Childhood
C/ Deputy Secretary General Gezira Doctors' Union
D/ Chairman of Training- Gezira Initiative for prevention of Breast Cancer
E/ Sudan Medical Council examiner
F/ External examiner for postgraduates and undergraduates in the Sudan and other countries
G/ EMSWP (Web portal for Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira of the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
H/ Member in the following national councils:
1- Sudan Medical Council
2- Obstetrics and Gyaencology Specialization council of the Sudan Medical Specialization Board
3- Emergency Medicine Specialization council of the Sudan Medical Specialization Board
I/Member in the following national committees:
1- National Protocol of Malaria treatment (one and two)
2- Health Sciences Higher Education.
3- National Policy of Reproductive Health.
4- SMC Accreditation of Undergraduate Medical Education.
5- Scientific committee of the Professional Association of Sudanese Universities' and Higher Institutes' Teachers
6- Steering committee of the National Task Force for Malaria Case Management Pre-service Training
F/Member in the following societies:
1- University of Gezira Graduate Organization
2- Sudan Doctors’ Union.
3- The Sudanese Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
4- Sudan Family Planning society.
5- Sudan Fertility Care Association
7/ CONFERENCES and Courses ATTENDED:
1- The Network of Community Oriented Institutes for Health Sciences, 1985, Ismailia – Egypt
2- The Network of Community Orient Institutes for Health Sciences, 1987 Patya – Thailand
3- Training Course On Norplant Contraception- Cairo University Egypt 1994
4- The Network Partnership for Health through Innovative Medical Education Research and Service, Manama, Bahrain, 2000.
5- The Network Partnership for Health through Innovative Medical Education Research and Service, Brazil, 2001.
6- The Network Towards Unity For Health Eldoret, Kenya, 2002.
7- Attachment for gynaecological oncology Sharo Green Hospital –Preston-UK sponsored by the British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology Sep.-Des. 2003
8- The Network: TUFH annual conference Ho Chi Mini Vietnam, 2005.
9- Attachment at Norwich and Norfolk hospital –UK July 2007
10- The Network: TUFH annual conference Bogotá city Colombia, 2008.
11- Present the U of G Initiative at Walter Sulolo University Omthatha, South Africa 2010
12- Global consensus of Social accountability in medical education
13- International Forum on Maternal Mortality Morocco- Rabat June 29th – July 1st 2011 (UNFPA)
14- The Network: TUFH annual conference Graz, Austria September 2011
o Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative Training Programme 1, Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira, 1995
o Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative Training Programme II, FMUG, 1995
o Curriculum Development Village Midwives School, FMUG, 1995
o Problem-based Learning (PBL), FMUG, 1996.
o Curriculum Development Nurse Midwives School, FMUG 1997.
o Health Insurance I, FMUG, 1997
o Evaluation of Arabicization of FMUG, 1997.
o Curriculum Development of Postgraduate in Forensic Medicine, Sudan National Board for Medical Specialization, FMUG, 1997.
o Curriculum Development of Medical Science, University of Gezira, FMUG, 1997.
o Curriculum of Medical Assistance, FMUG, 1997.
o Health Insurance II, FMUG, 1998.
o Curriculum Development for Faculty of Medicine, Sennar University, FMUG, 1998.
o Curriculum Development for Faculty of Medicine, International University of Africa, FMUG, Jun. 1998
o Workshop on Training & Development of Paramedical, FMUG, Nov. 1998.
o Leadership Development of Community Health Professionals and Educators (EMR-Network Activity), FMUG1999.
o Workshop in Teaching Methods, FMUG, 1999.
o Workshop in Evaluation Methods, FMUG, 1999.
o Workshop in Educational Planning of a community Oriented Medical Schools, FMUG, Nov. 1999.
o Workshop in FMUG curriculum Revision, FMUG, Feb. 2000.
o Workshop for FMUG Comprehensive Programme Evaluation, FMUG, Jul. 2000.
o Workshop in Reproductive Health, FMUG, Feb. 2000.
o Workshop in Student Leadership Development, FMUG, Oct. 2000.
o Workshop Planning of COME, FMUG, Jul. 2001.
o Preparation of Questionnaires for SMC, FMUG, Aug. 2001.
o Workshop on PBL, FMUG, Apr. 2002.
o Workshop on Formation of Medical Specialties Councils, MOH, FMUG, Apr. 2002.
o Training Course on Evaluation Methods, FMUG, Jun. 2002.
o Training Course on Educational Planning, FMUG, Jul 2002.
o Training Course on Teaching Methods, FMUG, Jul. 2002.
o Training Course on Research Methodology and Scientific Writing, FMUG, Jul. 2002.
o Workshop on Faculty of Dentistry, FMUG, Aug. 2002.
o Workshop on Curriculum Development for Gadaref Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, FMUG, Oct. 2002.
o Design Credit hours for Arabic, English and Islamic Studies Courses, Introduced to FMUG council
o Design Weights for the Attendance and Performance as tool of student evaluation, Introduced to FMUG council
o Design standard course feedback form for all courses in Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira.
o Presentation of the U of G Initiative for Kassala State, Northern State. UNFPA, SAMSS, Visitors from UK and America
- Assessment of The Available Obstetrical Resources In All hospitals in Gezira State (40), Sudan: Gezira Journal of Health Sciences December2005 Vol. 1 number 2.
- Training Course on Delivery Care and Neonatal Care in Rural Hospitals, Gezira State, Sudan: Gezira Journal of Health Sciences December2005 Vol. 1 number 2.
- Accreditation of The Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira (FMUG) Pilot study: Gezira Journal of Health Sciences December2005 Vol. 1 number 2.
- Gezira Students’ Network organization: : Gezira Journal of Health Sciences December2005 Vol. 1 number 2.
- Participation in translation of Gynaecology by Ten Teachers: Arab Langue Educational, cultural and Scientific Organization (ALECSO), Arab Center for Arabization, Translation, Authorship and Publication (ACATAP ). Sep. 2007.
- Problem Based Medicine in Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira: Gezira Journal of Health Sciences June 2007 Vol. 3 number 1.
- Malaria and Maternal mortality in Gezira -Sudan: Gezira Journal of Health Sciences June 2007 Vol.3 number 1.
- Epidemiological Studies of Toxoplasmosis in Pregnant Women Using Serological Methods in Gezira State-Central Sudan: Gezira Journal of Health Sciences December 2007 Vol. 3 number 2.
- Clinical Examination-Long case The Most Valid Test in a Medical School: Gezira Journal of Health Sciences June 2008 Vol. 4 number 1.
- Pregnancy After treatment of Choriocarcinoma, Case Report: Gezira Journal of Health Sciences June 2008 Vol. 4number 1.
11. The Initiative of the University of Gezira Safe Motherhood in the Gezira State: Sudan Currency Printing Press 2008.
12. Gynaecological Malignancies Managed in The Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Oncology, Wadmedani-Sudan during 1999-2005: Gezira Journal of Health Sciences December 2008 Vol.4 number 2.
13. Genotyping of Toxoplasma Gondii Strains in Pregnant Women With Toxoplasmosis in Gezira State, Central Sudan: JABMS, 2008 vol.9, Number 1.
14. The Initiative of The University of Gezira Safe Motherhood in the Gezira State Book ( In Arabic): University of Gezira Printing Press 2010.
15. Training of Village Midwives, a Book in Arabic: University of Gezira Printing Press 2010.
9/ Areas of Interest:
1/ Community Development
2/ Maternal Mortality
3/ Gynaecological Oncology
4/ Medical Education
1/ Professor Omer Ahmed Mirghani Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira (FMUG)
Tel. No. 00249511843415
2/ Professor Ali Babiker Ali Professor of Peadiatrics and the Dean Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira (FMUG)
Tel. No. 00249912320120
3/ Professor Diaeldin Elgaily Abobaker Professor of Psychiatry EDC Gezira Director Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira (FMUG)
Tel. No. 00249121586855