بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
NAME: MOHAMMED OSMAN ABD ELWAHED
DATE OF BIRTH: 10 March 1972
PLACE OF BIRTH: Khartoum
MARITAL STATUS: Married
B. Sc. (Biology, Honors, Class 2, Division I), 1999, Faculty of Science, University of Khartoum.
M. Sc. of Molecular Biology, Institute of Nuclear Medicine Molecular Biology and Oncology, University of Gezira June 2005.
Identification of the Major Genetic Loci that Control Disease Severity in Schistosoma mansoni Infected Patients in Gezira Area, Sudan (A Molecular Epidemiological Study).
Ph.D in Molecular Biology, September /2012, Department: Molecular Biology
National Cancer Institute (NCI) - University of Gezira
- Teaching assistant Institute of Nuclear Medicine Molecular Biology and Oncology, University of Gezira 2001-2005
- Lecturer in National Cancer Institute, University of Gezira June 2005 until now.
- Assistance professor in molecular biology since 2013
- Director of Gezira Cancer registry since 2014
TRAINING AND COURSES
1. Training course of Molecular biology and Immunology from 10. 10 .2006 to 10.02.2007 in INSERM U399, immunology and genetics of parasitic diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Université de la Mediterranée, Marseille.
2. Course in France language 20/11/2006 – 15/12/2006, France, Marseille province.
3. Training course of malaria diagnosis, ministry of health, Gezira state 30.11. 2002 - 2.12. 2002.
4. Participate in workshop in the use of direct agglutination test (DAT), which was held februrary 2003 in wad madani, SUDAN in collaboration with Royal Tropical Institute, Kit Biomedical Research, Amsterdam the Netherlands.
5. Workshop on writing scientific papers march 10th -22th 2001 Khartoum in collaboration with Swiss Tropical Institute.
6. Training course of Molecular biology and Immunology from 6. 2 .2008 to 6.06.2008 in INSERM U399, immunology and genetics of parasitic diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Université de la Mediterranée, Marseille.
7. Training advance Molecular biology and Immunology from 26. 11 .2010 to 24.02.2011 in INSERM U399, immunology and genetics of parasitic diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Université de la Mediterranée, Marseille.
8. Short Course on Clinical Utility of Nuclear Medicine Imaging, Held in Wad Medani Sudan 23 th -26 th May 2006.
9. Basic Radiation Protection Course in Medical Applications, Sudan Atomic Commission (SAEC) And Radiation Safety Institute (RSI), Held at the Department of Medical Physics- Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Molecular Biology and Oncology (INMO)-University of Gezira Wad Medani, Sudan From 3-6 Sep 2007.
10. World Health Organization Training Workshop on “Writing a Journal Article & Getting It Published” at the Educational Development Center, Gezira University 17th September 2008.
11. 4th National Training Course on Computional Chemistry (Molecular Docking & its Application in Bioactive Molecule Design) June 28-July 2, 2009, Wad Medani Sudan.
12. 90 Hours Basic Training Course in: Development of Academic Staff Professional Competencies, Organized at University Education Development Center (UEDC) University of Gezira Wad Medan, Sudan From 9-23 December 2013.
13. Regional Meeting to enhance Member States’ capacities in establishing and operating cancer registries in support of cancer control planning. Accra, Ghana, 12-16 December 2016.
- Fourth MIM pan-African malaria conference, November 13-18, 2005 in Yaoundé Cameron poster presentation.
- Gordon Research Conference on Malaria, 15-19th August, 2005, Oxford, UK poster presentation.
- the 8th Scientific Conference, Endemic And Emerging Diseases: New Trends In Diagnosis And Control, 21-23 August 2007, Friendship Hall, Khartoum oral presentation.
POSTAL ADDRESS: National Cancer Institute (NCI)
University of Gezira,
P. O. Box 20 Wad Medani- Sudan
Tel: 00249511861593 Fax: 00249511846640 Email:email@example.com
Tel: 00249915102156 Fax: 00249511852427
- Dessein, A., C. Chevillard, V. Arnaud, X. Hou, A.A. Hamdoun, H. Dessein, H. He, S.A. Abdelmaboud, X. Luo, J. Li, A. Varoquaux, A. Mergani, M. Abdelwahed, J. Zhou, A. Monis, M.G. Pitta, N. Gasmelseed, S. Cabantous, Y. Zhao, A. Prata, C. Brandt, N.E. Elwali, L. Argiro, and Y. Li, Variants of CTGF are associated with hepatic fibrosis in Chinese, Sudanese, and Brazilians infected with schistosomes. J Exp Med, 2009. 206(11): p. 2321-8.
- Madani, M.O., A.E. Tahir, A. Mergani, M.A. Balal, M. Elamien, and N.E.M.A. Elwali, Polymorphisms of Pfcrt and Pfmdr-1 Genes and Chloroquine Resistance of P. falciparum in Wad Medani (central Sudan). Gezira Journal of Health Sciences, 2009. 5 (1): p. 41-59.
- Omer, O.A., A.E. Tahir, M.O. Abdelwahid, N. Gasmelseed, A. Mergani, and a.N.E.M.A. Elwali, Co-existence of Dihydrofolate Reductase (dhfr108) Gene with Plasmodium falciparum Chloroquine Resistance Transporter Gene (Pfcrt T76) in P. falciparum Isolates from Gezira State, Central Sudan. The Open Tropical Medicine Journal, 2010. 3: p. 15-17.
- Sertorio, M., X. Hou, R. F. Carmo, H. Dessein, S. Cabantous, M. Abdelwahed, A. Romano, et al. "Il-22 and Il-22 Binding Protein (Il-22bp) Regulate Fibrosis and Cirrhosis in Hepatitis C Virus and Schistosome Infections." [In eng]. Hepatology 61, no. 4 (Apr 2015): 1321-31.
- Dafalla, A. M., A. A. Almutaz, A. Amel, M. Abdelwahed, M. Mohamed El Imam, K. E. Khalid, A. A. Mohamadani, and M. A. Magzoub. "Hla -a, -B, -Drβ1, Dq Β1 and Haplotype Frequencies in Sudanese Renal Donors." BASIC Research Journals of Microbiology 2, no. 2 (2015): 27-33.
- Mohammed. Abdelwahed, A.E. Tahir, A. Mergani, M.A. N. M. Abdelwahed Gasmelseedm Balal, M. Elamien, Omer, O.A and N.E. Elwali. Prevalence of Dihydrofolate reductase and Dihydropterote synthase polymorphisms in Plasmodium falciparum isolates from Wad Madani, Gezira state, Central Sudan
- Mohammed. Abdelwahed, A.E. Tahir, A. Mergani, M.A. Balal, M. Elamien, and N.E. Elwali. Chloroquine can no longer be considered as line in treatment of P.falciparum malaria in central Sudan.
1. Contribution of Xenobiotic Metabolizing genes polymorphisms in Susceptibility to Breast Cancer in Sudanese Women (Gezira State, Central Sudan) Principle Investigator: Dr. Mohammed Osman Abdelwahed.
2. Cancer incidence and pattern in Gezira State, Sudan, National Cancer Institute, Gezira cancer registry unit, consolidated report of population based cancer registry.
Prepared by: Dr: Mohammed Osman Abdelwahed
MAIN SUPERVISOR: Mohammed Osman Abdelwahed
1- Title: Polymorphism of the N-acetyltransferase-2 Gene among Sudanese Women with Breast Cancer: A Case Study at National Cancer Institute (University of Gezira).
A Dissertation: Master of Science in Biosciences and Biotechnology (Biotechnology). Center of Biosciences and Biotechnology Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Nov/ 2013 by Dania Ahmed Yusuf Mohammed
2- Role of Glutathione S-transferase Polymorphism in Susceptibility to Breast Cancer in Sudanese Women (Gezira State, Sudan), A Dissertation under submission: Master of Science in Biosciences and Biotechnology (Biotechnology) Center of Biosciences and Biotechnology Faculty of Engineering and Technology by Mohammed Omer Hassan Babker
3- Comparison between Questionnaire and microscope technique for diagnosis of Urinary Schistosomiasis among Schoolchildren in Gezira State, Sudan
A Dissertation: Master of Science in Biosciences and Biotechnology (Biotechnology). Center of Biosciences and Biotechnology Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Nov/ 2013, By Safa Saeed Abd Alla Abd Alla
Genetic susceptibility to infectious diseases and Immunology
List of research projects currently undertaken:
- Genetic susceptibity to schistosomaisis and malaria infection.
- Molecular markers of malaria drug resistnace.
- Genetic susceptibity to cancer
Thanks in advance